FOSBER GROUP ACQUIRES 60% BP AGNATI
- Fosber S.p.A. (Fosber Group), an international group based in Lucca, ‘ leader in the design, production and installation of complete corrugating lines and machinery for the corrugated cardboard industry, has successfully completed the acquisition of a majority stake in BP Agnati, an historical operator in the corrugated cardboard equipment sector since 1930.
- The closing of the transaction took place on February the 3rd 2020 through the creation of a NewCo controlled by Fosber and where the historic shareholder Brivio Pierino e C. Srl will reinvest with a minority stake assuring a continuity to BP Agnati’s industrial project.
- Fosber Group is 100% controlled by the Chinese listed group Guangdong DongfangPrecision Science & Technology Co., Ltd. (“DongfangPrecision”): in 2019 Fosber Group registered revenues in excess of €200 million.
- BP Agnati, a company based in Vimercate (MB), has built its success over the years thanks to its ability to innovate: the development of the Quantum technology, a new concept machine that revolutionizes the entire production process, is able to guarantee a superior quality in the production by strongly reducing the energy consumption with very compact dimensions (between 45 and 60 m) according to the Dry-end configuration.
- The transaction will further strengthen the leadership position of both companies in the corrugating machine sector.
- Scouting Capital Advisors, with a team led by the Managing Partner Filippo Bratta and the Manager Elena Montibeller, acted as exclusive financial advisor to Fosber Group.
- Oaklins Italy, with partner Davide Milano supported by Senior Associate Simone Botti, assisted BP Agnati.
- The acquisition of BP Agnati is already the second deal in less than 12 months that saw Scouting Capital Advisor advising Fosber Group in a strategic acquisition process. In 2019 Scouting advised Fosber Group in the acquisition of the Spanish corrugating rolls manufacturer Tiruna SL.
- PwC TLS acted as Legal advisor for Fosber, while BP Agnati was assisted by Gattai Minoli Agostinelli & Partners; the fiscal aspects were handled by Studio Andrea Galli for BP Agnati and Gusmitta & Associati for the Fosber Group.