SCOUTING CAPITAL ADVISORS SUPPORTING BC PARTNERS IN THE ACQUISITION OF BINDI PASTICCERIA GROUP
- Private Equity firm BC Partners acquired Pasticceria Bindi, a famous producer and leading distributor of frozen pastry products in Italy and abroad.
- The transaction saw BC Partners acquiring a control stake directly from Bindi’s founding family. Bindi will continue to be managed by Roberto Sala, General Manager and Attilio Bindi who will remain involved in a non-executive role to support the development of the brand abroad.
- Pasticceria Bindi was founded in 1934 in Milan and over the years has become a leader in the production of frozen pastry products, with a wide range of desserts and other baked goods. The Company can count on a solid base of over 25,000 customers and, in 2019, generated a turnover of 140 million Euros.
- By joining the BC Partners group, Bindi will be able to continue its growth path, strengthening relations with distribution partners in Italy and abroad and investing in brand development at an international level.
- Scouting Capital Advisors, an independent Corporate Finance and M&A firm, with a team led by the Managing Partner Giuseppe Sartorio, assisted BC Partners as exclusive financial advisor, while PwC handled the accounting and financial due diligence aspects.
- As per the legal aspects, BC Partners was assisted by Latham & Watkins, Facchini Rossi Michelutti Studio Legale followed the fiscal aspects, while Bain & Company handled the commercial part. Pasticceria Bindi was assisted by Fineurop Soditic and Ernst & Young for the financial part and by Professor Trimarchi and Dolcini for the legal part.