STPG – SCOUTING CAPITAL ADVISORS ASSISTING THE ZAPI GROUP IN THE CREATION OF A GLOBAL LEADER IN BIOCIDE PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION
- The Zambotto family, shareholder of Zapi Group (“Zapi”), a leading European company specialising in the research, development, production and distribution of rodenticides and insecticides and which distributes specialties for the defence and care of green spaces in the Italian market in the specialised Home& Garden channel, sold a majority stake in Zapi’s share capital to Fumakilla Limited (“Fumakilla“), a Japanese company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and active in household insecticides under the Vape brand.
- The Operation, which foresees the permanence of the Zambotto family in the shareholding of the Italian company with the maintenance of the current operative roles, will allow the two companies to create a global player leader in the production and distribution of biocides at international level thanks to its diversified offer: Zapi will be able to develop new products and reach new markets, with the opportunity to enter the Eastern markets thanks to the solidity of a well-established partner.
- In the Operation, Zapi was supported by STPG – Scouting Capital Advisors as financial advisor of the Operation, with a team led by Managing Partner Marco Musiani and composed of Executive Director Roberto Francani and Senior Associate Elena Dal Pozzo. A key role in the identification of the strategic partner at worldwide level was played by Managing Partner Filippo Bratta and Managing Director Dino Orlandini, professionals in charge of the development of STPG’s International Network.
- As far as legal advisory is concerned, the Zambotto family was assisted by Studio Legale Sutich Barbieri Sutich, with a senior team comprising Name Partner Giorgio Barbieri and Associates Mario Varchetta and Alessandro’ Nironi Ferraroni, as well as Name Partner Gian Carlo Sutich and Associate Sabrina Grivet Fetà in relation to labour law matters, while the advisor for tax aspects was Studio Bogoni with a senior team comprising Partners‘ Renato Bogoni and Inge Bisinella.
- This Operation represents a further demonstration of STPG – Scouting Capital Advisors’ ability to intervene in cross-border operations, as well as its capacity to execute complex transactions in highly competitive financial markets and in fast-growing sectors. In this Operation, STPG – Scouting Capital Advisors provided assistance to Zapi’s shareholders in identifying an industrial partner for the development and growth of the company and accompanied the company in the execution and completion of the entire transaction.