STPG – SCOUTING CAPITAL ADVISORS ASSISTS RILIEVI GROUP IN STRENGTHENING A GLOBAL PLAYER THROUGH THE ENTRY IN HOLDING MODA
- Milan, 8 September 2022 – Rilievi Group (Rilievi), a Bologna-based multinational leader in the embellishment and embroidery sector, has signed a binding agreement for the entry of Holding Moda Srl (Holding Moda), a subsidiary of Holding Industriale S.p.A. (Hind), a company investing in small and medium-sized companies representative of Made in Italy, into its capital in several stages.
- The transaction, which provides for the management to remain in the Bolognese company’s shareholding structure and the maintenance of current operational roles, will strengthen the global player and allow it to develop new and ambitious growth plans.
- Rilievi, the excellence of Italian craftsmanship founded in 1991 by Simona Finelli and Stefania Marocchi, which has grown thanks also to the entry of Michele Galliano, now CEO of the Group, into the corporate structure, is entrusted with the best national and international brands and stylists in the luxury sector for the realisation of their collections, special garments and catwalk or red carpet garments. Present in Italy, India (Mumbai) and the US (New York), it generates an aggregate turnover of more than 12 million euro and employs about 200 people, half of whom work in Italy and half abroad.
- Holding Moda, which with Rilievi comes to include nine investee companies, is a venture capital investment platform promoted by Hind with a pro-forma consolidated turnover at the end of 2022 of 176 million euro and a specialised workforce of around 700 employees. Its objective is to create a production hub of excellence in Made in Italy manufacturing, in the fashion sector (clothing and accessories), dedicated to international luxury brands.
- In the transaction, Rilievi was assisted by STPG, through STPG – Scouting Capital Advisors, which acted, with a team composed of Founder and Group CEO Rinaldo Sassi and Senior Associate Enrico Vignoli, as financial advisor providing assistance to the management in identifying an industrial partner functional to the development and growth of the Company and accompanied the same in the execution and completion of the entire transaction.
- Rilievi was assisted by PWC as legal advisor with a team consisting of Partner Filippo Zucchinelli and Senior Manager Giulio Della Casa.
- Holding Moda was assisted by the law firm Gianni & Origoni, which acted as financial advisor, with a team composed of Partner Gabriele Ramponi and Associate Fiorenza Fortunato. As regards legal advisory, Holding Moda was assisted by Bertacco Recla & Partners, through Partner Carlo Periti and Associate Francesca De Benedettis, while Ernst & Young, through Senior Associate Laura Branda and Senior Auditor Eugenio Fontana, acted as financial and tax advisor.