SCOUTING CAPITAL ADVISORS ASSISTS ITALPIZZA IN THE PURCHASE OF A NESTLÉ PRODUCTION PLANT IN NORTHERN FRANCE
- Milan, Feb. 1, 2024 – Italpizza S.p.A. (“Italpizza”), an Italian company founded in 1991 and a leader in the production of frozen pizzas with more than 1,700 employees and an annual production capacity of 435 million pizzas, has acquired from Nestlé S.A. (“Nestlé“), a Swiss multinational founded in 1866 and active in the food industry, the Caudry plant in northeastern France,
- For this transaction, in addition to the cost of the purchase of the production site, Italpizza will allocate more than 12 million euros of investment for the modernization and revitalization works of the plant in a multi-year plan that will run from 2024 to 2028. The acquisition will enable the company on the one hand to strengthen its industrial presence in Europe, which currently includes 6 plants supplying customers in 60 countries, and on the other hand to directly serve the Northern European market.
- For the Italian company, which develops a turnover of nearly 400 million euros, 60 percent of which is in foreign markets, this is a process of internationalization that led in 2022 to the purchase of the Spanish Pizza Artesana plant. Also in 2023, Italpizza acquired the business compendium of the pizza branch of Mantua Surgelati S.p.A. and the majority stake in Italgelato S.r.l.
- Scouting Capital Advisors, already at the side of Italpizza and its shareholders in 2022 in the purchase of the pizza branch business compendium of Mantua Surgelati S.p.A., followed the transaction with a team led by Managing Partner Giuseppe Mario Sartorio, Director Richard Pratissoli and Analyst Davide Vallosio. The legal aspects were handled by the firm Cartwright Pescatore and Chiarello-Tomei.
- The transaction is a further demonstration of Scouting’s ability to intervene in extraordinary transactions in the cross-border context and strong expertise in the Food & Beverage sector.