STPG SCOUTING CAPITAL ADVISORS ASSISTS BMP CAPS IN SALE TO ESSENTRA PLC
- Milan, Sept. 21, 2023-The shareholders of BMP S.r.l. (“BMP Tappi“), a leading plastics company and manufacturer of protective caps and closures, have signed an agreement to sell 100 percent of BMP Tappi’s capital to Essentra PLC (“Essentra“), a leading global player in the production and distribution of essential components and solutions for injection-molded, vinyl dip-molded and metal-molded plastic items.
- Completion of the acquisition is expected in the fourth quarter of 2023, subject to approval of local government permits and competition approvals.
- BMP Tappi, a reality based in Cambiago (Milan), has over 60 years of history and an excellent track-record of steady growth. The company manufactures and distributes in its Cambiago plant a wide range of caps and protective caps from its Italian factories, serving thousands of customers mainly in Europe for different markets: piping, mechanical, automotive, cosmetic and pharmaceutical. For the year ended December 31, 2022, BMP Tappi generated a turnover of EUR12.5m and an EBITDA of EUR2.6m.
- Headquartered in the United Kingdom, Essentra‘s (a FTSE 250-listed company) global network spans 28 countries around the world and includes more than 3,000 employees, 13 manufacturing plants, 24 distribution centers, and 33 sales and service centers serving some 74,000 customers in industries such as equipment manufacturing, automotive, manufacturing, electronics, medical, and renewable energy.
- In the transaction, BMP Tappi was assisted by STPG, through STPG Scouting Capital Advisors, as financial advisor with a team composed of Managing Partner Filippo Bratta, Senior Associate Andrea Isacchi and Analyst Federico Zanello. For legal aspects, the company was assisted by Studio Legale PedersoliGattai, with a team coordinated by Partner Laura Ortali and composed of Lorenzo Arrigoni and Edoardo Barretta.
- Essentra was assisted by the law firm Bonelli Erede, with a team coordinated by Partner Eliana Catalano, and Alberto Corsello and Alessandro Ippolito