SCOUTING CAPITAL ADVISORS IN THE ACQUISITION OF INTERECO SRL BY THE ITELYUM GROUP
- Scouting Capital Advisors, an independent financial advisory firm specializing in Corporate Finance and M&A, acted as financial advisor to the shareholders of Intereco S.r.l., a leading company in environmental services and partner for companies and public bodies, during the negotiation that led to the sale of 100% of the Company’s shares to the Itelyum Group, leader in the management, recycling and valorization of industrial waste. Scouting Capital Advisors carried out the financial advisory for the shareholders of Intereco, Mr. Tiziano Fontanesi and Mr. Mario Botti, with a team composed of the Managing Partner Marco Musiani and the Senior Analyst Elena Dal Pozzo.
- The acquisition is part of the Itelyum Group’s external growth project. With the various acquisitions already finalized, the Group now manages over 1 million tons of special waste, generating revenues for a total of 340 million euros, with over 600 employees and more than 20 operating sites.
- Intereco, a firm located in Fiorano Modenese, has been a reference company for over 20 years within the ceramic district of Sassuolo and in general for the Emilia-Romagna industrial companies. With two storage and treatment plants and a fleet of over 20 vehicles, the Company is engaged in the recycling and valorization of special, hazardous and non-hazardous industrial waste.
- Itelyum, based in Pieve Fissiraga – Lodi, is a national leader and one of the main European players in the management and recycling of industrial waste. The Group, controlled by the Stirling Square Fund, is among the global pioneers of the circular economy and, thanks to continuous growth achieved both internally and through targeted acquisitions, has made sustainability its strategic axis through the offer of innovative services integrated, with high environmental and social value.
- “A further step forward – comments Marco Codognola, CEO of Itelyum – in support of a sustainable production system. We not only reach larger market shares, but we can offer optimal environmental solutions for the circular economy sector. The strategy and priorities proposed for the European Green New Deal and the new circular economy action plan, which focus on the use of sustainable sources especially in resource-intensive industries, require eco-innovative solutions and products, efficient processes and services in order to activate an effective “metabolism” of waste. As Itelyum we will continue in our mission to cultivate synergies and professionalism to give the right support to the development of sustainable industry”.
- As for the legal sell-side advisory, Intereco S.r.l. was assisted by the Sutich Barbieri Sutich Law Firm, with a senior team composed of the Name Partner Giorgio Barbieri and the associates Mario Varchetta and Alessandro Nironi Ferraroni.
- Itelyum was assisted in the deal by the law firm Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle with a team led by the Partner Carmine Gravina and composed of Viviana Contiello, Giacomo Pino and Sara Vetulli, as well as, for the administrative and environmental law aspects, by Partner Francesco Caccioppoli, Giuseppe Calamo and Sara Belardo. Montana Ambiente, with the Partner Alessandra Carboni, performed the HSE due diligence while BDO with the Partners Stefano Variano and Niccolò Bisceglia and the Senior Manager Giorgio Falcione provided financial and fiscal due diligence services.